Using fields for setting evaluation time
This screencast shows how to use fields when scheduling Rules components. In the example we are also using the Flag module, to allow people to sign up for reminder e-mails 24 hours before an event starts. The screencast covers:
- Using flags to load user lists in Rules
- Scheduing a rules component from a triggered rule
- Some words about rescheduling the evaluation if the event date should change
- Using conditions to make fields available in Rules configuration
- Using a date field to set evaluation time
- Adding an offset to the evaluation (-1 day)
- Verifying the configuration by executing the action set manually
Note 1: It would have been smarter to use the "Before saving content" event for this rule – to make it act on both new nodes and updates of existing ones. If combined with a check to see that the event is in the future, you would actually have pretty good notification system!
Note 2: I managed to keep this screencast under ten minutes!