Overview of the theming chapter
Here's what you will find in this chapter:
- This episode!
- Themes and Drupal: What are themes? What do themes do? What don't themes do?
- Creating a sub theme: This is how easy it is to NOT hack core!
- A bonus screencast showing a smarter way to override CSS than the one shown in episode 3
- Working with regions
- Template files: overriding the markup on your page
- Preprocess functions: introducing template.php to add new variables to use in template files (This is where we leave the basic stuff behind!)
- More preprocessing: a CSS example, and other things to do with preprocess
- Theme functions: the alternative to template files (and how to use them)
- Switching between template files and theme functions
- A special case example: Theming a view
- Render elements and arrays
- Theming forms with hook_form_alter
- Using the #states property to show and hide form elements dynamically
Some things that are not included in this chapter:
- creating or manipulating render elements
- a closer look at render elements
- using JQuery & AJAX
- building base themes
- (and more)