Introduction to chapter 13
This screencast gives an overview of the module that will be written in this chapter, and what the different episodes will contain.
In short, in this chapter we will build a module that will allow storing and handling a general "word list" on the web site. This word list will then be made available to Entity API, which in turn makes is accessible as a site-wide variable in Rules.
This chapter involves the following topics:
- An example environment to use when coding for Drupal
- How to create an empty module
- Using hook_menu to add new paths
- Using form API to build forms and take care of form input
- Extending/altering entity properties, as provided by the Entity API module
- Writing conditions for the Rules module
- Creating an example feature
This chapter does NOT involve the following topics (among others):