Debugging Rules configuration
This screencast shows how to go about debugging Rules configuration. It covers:
- Enabling the debug information in Rules, showing rules evaluation.
- How to drill down into Rules' debug messages.
- That most (or all) times, it is your configuration and not the Rules engine that has the bug.
- That the most common bug is condition that evaluates in an unexpected way.
- How to see how long time rules execution takes – and why/when this may be important.
- How to use the debugging action in Rules, to inspect the data in Rules.
I managed to keep this screencast below ten minutes!